Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease most commonly known to cause widespread pain, fatigue and brain fog. However, the disease is complex – it can cause a multitude of symptoms and is often accompanied by comorbidities, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or chronic fatigue syndrome. Because fibromyalgia has been officially recognized there are only a few decades, doctors are still learning about the disease and might not be able to prepare fibro patients for all the different symptoms they may experience.
To better understand the ways in which this disease can affect people, we asked our powerful community to share some of the physical symptoms of fibromyalgia that surprised. Have you experienced unexpected fibro symptoms? Let us know in the comments below.
Here’s what the community shared with us:
1. “Have a surge of pain made me feel nauseous and so physically ill. ”
2. “unrelenting itch that appears at random, has no rhyme or reason, sometimes comes with hives or red spots. Itching is insatiable and moves from place to place “.
3. “The constant feeling of being tired. I sleep eight to 12 hours a day and I’m still always tired “.
4. “Forget words that I use every day. ”
5. “[Having a] overactive bladder. ”
6. “All the other medical conditions that go with … migraine, IBS [irritable bowel syndrome], Raynaud’s phenomenon, chronic fatigue, insomnia and many others. It is rarely diagnosed on its own “.
7. “The skin sensitivity. If someone before me brush even slightly, it feels like I have been hit hard “.
8. “horrible menstrual cycle that leave [me] to bed with a heating pad on [my] stomach and gasping in the fetal position. ”
9. “Feeling” crazy. ” I feel like I’m drunk. I lose my balance even when walking “.
10. “Blurred vision even with glasses, you see things through the water. ”
11. “Headaches / migraines Constant I deal on a daily basis. ”
12. “strange skin sensation and lack of temperature control. ”
13. “Absolute clumsiness. I trip over my own feet and roll my ankles walking in the grass. It is an extreme case of incoordination “.
14. “blisters after being in the sun. Even with the use of sunscreen / without sunburn “.
15. “Feeling like I have in me crawling insects to the point I thought itches. ”
16. “I was surprised that even my hair can hurt. ”
17. “The constant sweating, even when it is not hot. ”
18. “Breaking into a blowout without reason. ”
19. “The weakness in my hands and arm pain. I play the violin for six years and had incredibly strong hands, but when my fibromyalgia symptoms began my hands were the first thing affected and strength never returned “.
20. “It smells violently making me sick. ”
21. “symptom Surprising? No idea. The most shocking thing is not even knowing what is a related symptom of fibromyalgia and more it is not. So many symptoms, so many coexisting conditions. I have no idea what is a symptom of fibromyalgia more “.
22. “The neurological slowness! instant recall Poor “.
23. “The way some symptoms may take [me] for days and be gone, just to return the next day. ”
24. “hair loss! Every time I shampoo I have enough hair that falls to a wig. Fortunately, I have a lot of hair “.
25. “vaginal muscle spasms! Yes, it leaves intact nothing! And no, that’s not nice! ”
26. “The never be comfortable, never. You sit and fidget and uncomfortable and try to be comfortable. You lie and fidget and uncomfortable and try to be comfortable. You try to get up and wriggle and squirm and try to be at ease. Nothing is more comfortable “.
27. “Sons. In fact, being irritated by different sounds as [I] gives way [I] to “.
28. “My skin as it always is severely sunburned. I never thought how clothes could hurt. I now shop more for the feel of the fabric and its looseness on my body the way it looks “.
29. “I’m either starve, no matter how much I eat or thought of food makes me sick – there is no in between. ”
30. “Tingling and weakness at the end of a busy day. It feels like [my] body desperately tries to heal when he is tired “.
31. “My hands shake and twitch. Never before until now. The strangest thing ever! Does not hurt, but I lost my grip things “.
32. “Water hurts. It is so hard to explain that to enter a pool or lake is cold is too painful for me. Even showering evil “.
33. “You know what? Nothing surprises me about fibromyalgia! “