About 10 million Americans are affected by fibromyalgia. It is a very common condition. There are even people who have it but are not aware of it. There are also doctors who can not recognize fibromyalgia in a patient and who often misdiagnose it.
It is very important to know if you have this condition so that you can relieve yourself of the pain as well as the unpleasant symptoms.
The condition can not be cured, but some medications, cognitive-behavioral therapies, and physical exercise can help you.
Muscle pain is the first thing people think when they hear about fibromyalgia.
People with fibromyalgia also feel a touch sensitivity that spreads throughout the body as well as many other problems. It is a condition that affects their emotional and mental health.
CAUSES AND DIAGNOSIS
We still do not know what causes fibromyalgia. You can not prevent this condition, but you can control it. You just have to be aware that you have it.
There is not a test that doctors can use to diagnose fibromyalgia. The doctor only asks the patient if he experiences any of the symptoms below.
The doctor also performs various tests and methods such as: antinuclear antibodies, blood count, rheumatoid factor, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, thyroid test, MRI and X-rays.
Here are the most common symptoms. In case you have noticed some of them, visit a specialist.
SYMPTOMS OF FIBROMYALGIA
MUSCLE AND BODY
- Muscle contractions
- Morning stiffness
- Tender and lumpy breasts
- Mild to severe pain that can spread to other parts of the body
- Tooth grinding
- Hyperk jerk (otherwise known as the feeling of falling while sleeping)
- Trouble sleeping / Sleeping broken, you feel very tired and lethargic every morning
- Muscle contraction during sleep
PROBLEMS OF SINUS AND ALLERGY
- Ringing ears
- Thick mucus
- A runny nose and a post nasal discharge
- Ears and itchy ears
- Sensitivity to molds, yeasts and allergies
DIGESTION AND PROBLEMS OF STOMACH
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pelvic pain, nausea, abdominal cramps and bloating
- Frequent urination
SENSITIVITY AND SENSORY PROBLEMS
- Difficulty in night driving and low light
- Increased sensitivity to climate change, light, noise, odors, pressure and temperature
- Speech problems and difficulty speaking familiar words
- Poor coordination and balance
- Burns and tingling in the upper limbs
- Zone often, short-term memory, difficulty in differentiating certain shades of color and difficulty of concentration
- Directional difficulties, difficulty recognizing a familiar environment
- Loss of libido
- Premenstrual syndrome and other menstrual problems
- Valve problems
- Pain similar to a heart attack
- Irregular heart rhythm
SKIN, HAIR AND NAILS
- Nails or nails too striated that bend under
- Hair loss
- Skin that looks spotted, bruised or easily scarred
MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS
- Mood swings and unexplained irritability
- Anxiety, depression, panic attack
- Family history
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
- Headaches and migraines
- Cravings of carbohydrates and chocolate
- View problems
All the above signs can also mean that you have another condition, so do not be scared, for example, PMS, cravings, frequent mood swings and headaches do not just mean fibromyalgia .
Consult your doctor. Do not conclude anything yourself.
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR FIBROMYALGIA
HERE ARE SOME TIPS THAT CAN HELP RELIEVE THE SYMPTOMS OF FIBROMYALGIA IN A NATURAL MANNER:
- practice yoga
- use acupuncture
- Try conscious breathing
- Practice tai chi
- go to the massages
- use anti-inflammatory herbs such as turmeric, garlic and ginger
- consume organic, whole and anti-inflammatory foods
- take magnesium, vitamin B12 and vitamin D supplements
- do a gentle exercise